Who We Are
Ironton Baptist Church exists to make Christ known through fellowship, worship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism.
WHAT WE DO
Ironton Baptist Church is a cooperating Southern Baptist church with the following respected beliefs:
- There is one God: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who subsist in unity, and also as three separate distinct Persons.
- Jesus Christ is God's Son. He was born of a virgin as both God and man, lived a sinless life, died to atone for the sins of human beings, was buried, arose from the grave, ascended into heaven and will literally return to the earth.
- The Bible is God's Holy Word, without error, and is the sole authority for life.
- Human beings are the special creations of God, made in His image. They fell through the sin of the first man, Adam, and all human beings are sinners in need of salvation.
- Salvation is a gift through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ. Every person who truly is saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ and will spend eternity in heaven, while those who die in their sins will spend eternity in hell.
- Baptism is by immersion after salvation and is done in obedience to Jesus Christ's command.
- Each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus as the Head.
Ironton Baptist Church is a group of believers who are excited and willing to serve their community. We believe outreach is key in fulfilling what God has called us to do.